At First Baptist Church Pineville we strive to Be F.I.R.S.T. That doesn’t mean we want to win a trophy; it means we want to live up to a goal. What does it mean to Be F.I.R.S.T.? We’re glad you asked!
Focused on God — A F.I.R.S.T. member will…
- Develop and maintain a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ as his or her Lord and Savior.
- Understand that God has a purpose and plan for his or her life.
- Be biblically literate and biblically sound in his or her beliefs.
- Understand the power of prayer, know how to pray, and be faithful to pray.
- Have a life-changing grasp of worship as communication with God.
- Participate actively in worship.
Involved in ministry — A F.I.R.S.T. member will…
- Be involved in areas of service.
- Develop his or her gifts and talents by using them for the Lord.
- Take an active part in the church.
- Enjoy a sense of family with the broader church family as he or she serves with others and builds intergenerational relationships.
- Find ministry through the church a natural part of who he or she is.
- Understand, support, and participate in missions.
Respected by peers — A F.I.R.S.T. member will…
- Be a leader instead of a follower when it comes to faith on his or her school campus (junior high and high school), business, and family.
- Develop a strong bond with other members of First Pineville.
- Know by experience that Christians can have fun.
- Be a witness in his or her daily life as he or she lives with integrity and consistency.
Strengthened in faith — A F.I.R.S.T. member will…
- Have confidence in his or her walk with Christ.
- Have a foundation with which to deal with the real world.
- Be able to defend boldly his or her faith while communicating love and respect for other religions and denominations.
Transformed by Christ — A F.I.R.S.T. member will…
- Be a person of integrity and compassion who lives by the Golden Rule.
- Be morally strong.
- Be growing daily in his or her walk with the Lord.