I’m Zach Fleming, Youth Minister of First Baptist Church Pineville. I have the amazing privilege of ministering to our 7th through 12th graders and their families! My primary responsibility is to invest in the lives of the next generation by equipping them to passionately serve and follow Jesus Christ and reach unbelievers with the gospel. Adolescence is a pivotal time in a young person’s life, both physically and spiritually. To be a small part of this confusing and thrilling time of life for the students is such a joy. Throughout the year, our calendar remains full with weekly gatherings, including Youth on Wednesdays and Acteens on Sundays. Some of our special annual events include Disciple NOW weekend, Youth Evangelism Conference (YEC), Student Life Summer Camp, as well as pool parties, seasonal Bible studies, Air-U trips, and community service work days to name a few. The desire behind each of these events is to see the youth grow in their love for the Lord, their love for people, and their desire to see Jesus impact the world around them.
My wife, Hailey, and I met at a youth group event when I was in 7th grade. In 2015, we married and 4 months later found out we were pregnant with twin boys! In October of 2016, one week before our first anniversary, we welcomed Emerson and Jackson into the world. They bring us so much joy and the Lord has used them for our sanctification and His glory.
Birthday: March 8, 1994
Bachelor of Social Work from Louisiana College in Pineville, LA.
I have been a Youth Intern on multiple occasions, and have also served as a Youth Pastor at a church in New Iberia, LA. I have also served on multiple worship teams at various churches.
Interests & Favorites:
- Places: I love Louisiana, the culture, food, and people! My favorite places overseas include Kenya, Africa and Annecy, France.
- Dream Trips: The Holy Land, Ireland, Patagonia, and Italy.
- Hobbies: I absolutely love spending time with my wife and two boys. They bring me so much joy. I also enjoy reading, playing guitar, listening to music, traveling, watching movies, staying active, and drinking coffee.
- Books: I love all books by C.S. Lewis (Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis is quite possibly my all-time favorite book). I also enjoy books by John Piper, Francis Chan, and anything theologically challenging. I also enjoy fictional series including The Hunger Games, Divergent, and The Maze Runner.
- Favorite TV Shows: I really like Last Man Standing, Stranger Things, BBC’s Sherlock, and Vikings. When I feel like crying, I also watch This Is Us.
- Life Scripture: Just one?
The goal of my personal life and my ministry:
“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.” Deuteronomy 6:5
And one that has changed my life:
“There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1