I’m Stewart Holloway, Pastor of First Baptist Church Pineville. I am responsible for equipping our church to minister. I strive to do that by providing a strong preaching and teaching ministry, guiding our church with visionary leadership, and assisting others in providing pastoral care to our growing congregation. My greatest motivator is to see people growing in their relationship with Christ as well as worshiping and serving Him with all they are.
My wife Rebecca and I met at Louisiana College here in Pineville when we were college students. We married in 2001 after we both graduated from seminary. God called us back to Pineville in August of 2008 to pastor First Baptist Church.
Rebecca and I have two sons, Zachary and Evan.
Birthday: September 17, 1976
Bachelor of Arts in Religion from Louisiana College, Pineville, LA (1998), Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (SWBTS), Fort Worth, TX (2001), Ph.D., SWBTS (2008).
Author: The Privilege of Worship
Before coming to Pineville, I pastored Forestburg Baptist Church in Forestburg, Texas. Prior to Forestburg I served in various capacities at Bellevue Baptist Church in Hurst, TX, First Baptist Church of Lecompte, LA, and Pine Grove Baptist Church in Ruby, LA. I have also served as a teaching assistant at SWBTS and as an adjunct professor at Louisiana College.
Interests and Favorites:
- Places: My mom and grandma’s homes; Forestburg, Texas; Colorado; San Diego; New England; Europe
- Dream Trips: Holy Land, Steamboat cruise of the Mississippi River, Tours anywhere overseas.
- Books: Favorite topics include preaching, leading an effective church, and Louisiana history. Rebecca and I also enjoy listening to audio books when we travel.
- Sports Team: L.S.U. Tigers, of course.
- Hobbies: Hanging out with Rebecca and the boys, flower gardening, fishing, reading, travel, writing.
- Life Scripture: 2 Timothy 2:15 - "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth."