I'm Chris Turner, Minister of Music at First Baptist Church Pineville. I have the privilege of leading people to worship our amazing, all powerful God each week!
We have an active music ministry here at FBC with a fully graded choir program (preschool through high school) as well as an active adult choir and orchestra. In addition to leading weekly services, these ensembles present seasonal programs at Easter and Christmas.
I first came to FBC as a child in 1981. I have the unique opportunity to serve in the same church where I was baptized. I met my wife Patti while I was attending Louisiana College and working at the Family Bookstore in the Alexandria Mall. We were married in 1996 and then moved to Fort Worth to attend Southwestern Seminary. By the time I graduated, in 2002, we had two boys, Caleb and Ryan. Later that same year, Payton Grace was born.
Patti stays busy trying to keep up with the schedule of three teenagers and enjoys teaching Sunday School. All my kids are active in the youth group here at FBC. Caleb, my oldest enjoys Scouting and plays the saxophone in the church orchestra. Ryan also loves Boy Scouts and plays trumpet. Payton plays the flute and loves to sing.
We have served churches in three states and it is such a joy to be home.
Birthday: August 15, 1974
Master of Music, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX; May 2002
Bachelor of Music, Louisiana College, Pineville, LA; May 1996 (Major: Church Music)
Ministry Service: Before coming to FBC Pineville, I was the Associate Pastor of Music and Worship at FBC Pompano Beach, FL. Prior to serving at Pompano; I was the Music Minister at Central Baptist Church, Springhill, LA.
Interests and Favorites:
- Places: Smokey Mountains, Orlando, wherever my wife and kids decide to go next.
- Dream Trips: Hawaii, Alaskan Cruise, RV trip around America, Israel
- Books: I like books about leadership, worship studies, and relevant works by those successful in my field.
- Favorite Television Shows: DIY network, HGTV, Classic Car Auctions
- Hobbies: Spending time with Patti and the kids. I also enjoy DIY projects around the house, watching football and basketball, and volunteering for the PHS band.
- Life Scripture: Romans 12:1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God- this is your true and proper worship.